Our thoughts are with the people of Florida as they rebuild from the destruction of Hurricane Irma. We’ve been extremely saddened by the images we’ve seen – beautiful Florida in an almost unrecognizable state. Irma’s wind speeds reached up to 91 MPH at PBIA, 90 MPH in Lake Worth, 84 MPH in Juno Beach and 70 MPH in Boca Raton.
With thousands of professionals working to get the power back on, the schools and hospitals open, the internet restored and the roads open, we know that everyone is working as hard as they can to get life back to normal as soon as possible.
In the meantime, in case you need some cheering up, here is a list of happy headlines of acts of kindness during this difficult time:
- JetBlue capped Prices for direct flights out of Florida at $99 before Irma hit.
- Royal Caribbean is sending two cruise ships to Caribbean islands and has two more prepared to assist Key West and Tampa if needed with transporting supplies and transporting individuals in need of assistance.
- Norwegian Cruise Line mobilized its 2,000-passenger Norwegian Sky ship to St. Thomas to deliver supplies and assist with humanitarian efforts being organized by the government.
- Actress Kristen Bell, who was in Orlando working on an upcoming movie, has been staying with displaced nursing home residents, using her hotel as a shelter and performing for schoolchildren and their families to raise spirits during this difficult time.
- Many Airbnb hosts have opened their homes to hurricane victims for free.
- A group of good samaritans saved two manatees in Sarasota Bay on Sunday before the storm came in. The manatees were stranded when the water was pulled out of the bay from the impending storm.
It is inspiring to see the nation come together to help each other in these times of need and we hope to see things better than ever as soon as possible!
Wishing Florida and all those affected by Hurricane Irma all the best!